First thing is shut off whatever electronic device it is including remove the battery. Then you must make sure to take the time to dry it out. You can help it by using a hair dryer but make sure you let ALL the moisture dry out. Then clean the contacts on the battery AND the contacts on the phone. If you're lucky then the device, your phone in this case, will boot up just like normal OR not. To aid in the drying process you can remove the cover exposing the internals and use the blow dryer and it will either work fine or it's fatal. Good luck! :D If you have the insurance it's COVERED, if you don't have the insurance then if you're honest about what happened they'll work with you. I have the name and number of a good customer service person at Verizon if you'd like it send me a private message.